RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA

Keep hate out of the world's beautiful game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regional Ideas

Go down 
+2
Loezzy
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Ideas of for fundraising regionally.
Back to top Go down
http://redcardhomophobia.forumpro.org
Loezzy

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 am

1. Selling baked goods like cookies or muffins with the logo in red frosting on them.
Everyone likes junkfood, right? Wink

2. Organizing a footballathon. Basically the same as a walkathon but you walk whilst kicking a ball forward. (Or something similar.)

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I like the idea of bake sale. We all do love junk food are very ready to buy some on impulse.

Another idea:
Employees/Students vs. Bosses/Teachers football game
... and each participant raises or pledges a certain amount of money and/or have a game attendance fee. This would draw a big audience and if it is advertised widely enough, could raise a considerable amount of money.
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I like the football game although depending on the area/season it may be hard to organize. But this could be fun for people to do even if not a member!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/NotoriousCLH
doux-amer

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 pm

The football game would be really amazing to do! It really depends on the area though (for instance, it might be easier to organize such a big event in or near a big city (example: LA or the tri-state area in general)).

Back to top Go down
steelwater

steelwater

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:49 am

I loved the baking sale ideas. Cupcakes with the RCH logo would be so awesome. (:

The football game idea is also really good. I think we should be much more orginised for this, though. When we get more known ad orginised maybe we should talk to the LGBT league in England and make a fundrasier with them. They'll do a game and the money form the tickets sales will go to RCH and maybe The Justine Campaign as well. That could be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm flattered that you guys envision the football games as such a big event, but I was thinking that we start small, actually. Like talking to your boss or school about arranging one day where people can volunteer to form teams to play against each other. If this becomes successful in your community, then we can think about linking several communities in a small town together and organising a big event, or one of those 'on *date*, organise a *event* to fundraise for *organisation*'.
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I think starting small would be easiest as you'd need at least 5 a side (and some subs) to play the game. That being said, I think you'd have to figure out how we were going to raise the money. Sponsorship may be more lucrative than relying on spectators due to varying levels of interest.

That being said, piggybacking on things like a bake sale for an event might lead more people to watch the game so small efforts should be noted.

We have bake sales on my campus and around the hospital I work at all the time and they are almost always very successful. I'll try to think about more options that would work for us that I see from the tons of groups that fundraise around the medical campus. Appropriate ones, of course (i.e. they did a bachelor/bachlorette date auction but I don't think that fits our needs lol)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/NotoriousCLH
Lulu

Lulu

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I like the bake sale-game idea. For the sponsorship though, do you mean like a sponsor for the whole event? I do think that that would be better financially than relying purely on spectators, but the problem is trying to find a sponsor, because I know that one of my school clubs is trying to find a sponsor for it, but can't. However, we may just not be creative enough.

If anybody has ideas or experience with pulling in sponsors, please do tell. Because I'm hoping this football game, bake sale thing can really happen, and I would like to try and do it sometime before or in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regional Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Ideas   Regional Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Regional Ideas
Page 1 of 1