RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA

Keep hate out of the world's beautiful game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letterhead

Go down 
+4
teetrinker
tonstant_weader
haisha_hime
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Ideas for the letterhead
Back to top Go down
http://redcardhomophobia.forumpro.org
haisha_hime

haisha_hime

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Here is the letterhead design I made with one of the stock letters (I already emailed the .pdf, .svg, and .png files to the gmail).
The actual letter itself is at https://acrobat.com/#d=77RLV2nuypBbjLo9S*UVHw
Letterhead Stockletterwithletterhe
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 pm

I think it might be easier (and we'll be able to do it soon!) to have only our PO box and email address and not all our URLs on the top. Perhaps you were putting them just to hold place, which I totally understand! I think the usage we'd have for these official letters would probably work better if organizations had that information versus our group planning info. Thank you for making this!

I'd like to see a version with our red card man maybe as an alternate and maybe see one without the black edging just to see what it would look like... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/NotoriousCLH
haisha_hime

haisha_hime

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 pm

tonstant_weader wrote:
I think it might be easier (and we'll be able to do it soon!) to have only our PO box and email address and not all our URLs on the top. Perhaps you were putting them just to hold place, which I totally understand! I think the usage we'd have for these official letters would probably work better if organizations had that information versus our group planning info. Thank you for making this!

I'd like to see a version with our red card man maybe as an alternate and maybe see one without the black edging just to see what it would look like... Very Happy

Okey dokes. Yeah, the links are space-holders; I had to put 2 lines because PO boxes usually have two lines for the "address". Since I'm working on the letterhead as vector files, the ref picture is hard to raster so if it's okay, I have this free commercial use font with a ref on it.

Here's the one without the black squigglies: https://acrobat.com/#d=ZdfBIcL9BLGuBWY7fwiDaw
Here's the one with the ref:
https://acrobat.com/#d=G9lPzma84kOUlueFfdNp0Q
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:26 pm

I actually like those better I think, than the one with the black border. They look clean and professional.

I had figured the sites were a placeholder, but just had to mention. Razz

And I actually like that red card guy more than our original one which one of the LJ forum posters had said, "looked like had a back problem". Did you design that that we could potentially use? Or was it found?
Back to top Go down
haisha_hime

haisha_hime

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:31 pm

tonstant_weader wrote:
I actually like those better I think, than the one with the black border. They look clean and professional.

I had figured the sites were a placeholder, but just had to mention. Razz

And I actually like that red card guy more than our original one which one of the LJ forum posters had said, "looked like had a back problem". Did you design that that we could potentially use? Or was it found?

Yeah, I was bored so I wanted to make it pretty XD
silent I would've loved to have designed the ref. But I found it while I was looking for fonts for my web design class. It's found here under Commercial use allowed! | Licensed as: Freeware.
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 am

haisha_hime wrote:
Here's the one without the black squigglies: https://acrobat.com/#d=ZdfBIcL9BLGuBWY7fwiDaw
Here's the one with the ref:
https://acrobat.com/#d=G9lPzma84kOUlueFfdNp0Q

Slightly off-topic: I can't see your documents. It tells me that Acrobat.com is loading, but nothing happens Sad Do I need something special program to see it?
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Quote :
Yeah, I was bored so I wanted to make it pretty XD
silent I would've loved to have designed the ref. But I found it while I was looking for fonts for my web design class. It's found here under Commercial use allowed! | Licensed as: Freeware.

Oooh... freeware. This is good to know. Not as a primary logo as we'll probably have to eventually TM but as a design element I really like it.
Back to top Go down
liaku

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:43 pm

I really like the cleanness of it without the black squiggly, though I thought it looked unbalanced without the black squiggly stuff too. Maybe we could move the text over like this?
https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/5mo93.jpg
Back to top Go down
grrliz

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Couple of thoughts:

1) I definitely like it with the red card logo itself as the main graphic.

2) I think that we need only include the URL of the website rather than the website, the LJ community, the hashtag, etc. Directing people to the website should be able to give them all the additional social media efforts we're doing, but I'm not sure it needs to go on the letter head.

3) I didn't design the original ref with the card, but I can try and recreate him as a vector if it's something we want to keep using.

4) This isn't related to the letter head, but I wouldn't justify the text in our letters as justified text might look neater overall but is sometimes harder for people to read.

5) I definitely prefer the design without the black squiggle as I find it distracting and am not sure at all how it's related to the logo.

I might have a go at possible letterhead arrangements if no one minds.
Back to top Go down
liaku

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:18 pm

grrliz wrote:

4) This isn't related to the letter head, but I wouldn't justify the text in our letters as justified text might look neater overall but is sometimes harder for people to read.

Right, I'd forgotten that justified text can look funny. Maybe we should align the logo to the left then? It's the righthand margin that bothered me unjustified, so just shoving everything over to the other side could fix that easy.

I wouldn't be opposed to a centered letterhead/something entirely different either, so arrange away!
Back to top Go down
grrliz

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 pm

We could do up a bunch of different options and then do a poll/discussion on which we should use. (Which is probably true for any of our design projects, not limited to the letterhead.)
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:01 pm

grrliz wrote:
We could do up a bunch of different options and then do a poll/discussion on which we should use. (Which is probably true for any of our design projects, not limited to the letterhead.)

I definitely like the idea of having some mockups and then discuss or vote. I mean, if everyone likes one design overwhelmingly (or if it's the only one that people have come up with than definitely).

Otherwise, we're trying to give opportunities both on here and LJ to weigh in because, unfortunately, we're not all the same members... yet. Wink

We are figuring out how to do polls on this site too, so don't worry, you won't have to sign up for LJ just to give input.
Back to top Go down
haisha_hime

haisha_hime

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Reply to the many comments above which I have only skimmed through but I get the gist:
Once we establish our P.O. Box and stuff, I will redo the letterhead so that it justifies to the right and with the additional heading(s) if needed. Everything's done in vector so if the card needs to be bigger or something, I could fix it easily and then re-post the PDF file onto Acrobat.
Back to top Go down
grrliz

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Here's a question: is this letter head supposed to be for people to print at home or is it for us to eventually get printed? I ask because if you print at home you often can't print right to the margins of your page, which will impact the amount of designable space, whereas professionally printed letterhead can go right to the edges.

The print-at-home option makes the most sense to me given that even if we did manage to find enough money to get it professionally printed, it would be hard for everyone to have access to it, but I thought I would ask in case people had other thoughts or opinions.
Back to top Go down
grrliz

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Here are a couple of quickie versions where I managed to incorporate some of the extra social media links that I didn't think were necessary but actually weren't that bad to incorporate.

These are just .gifs of the images to save on file size, so if the image quality looks slightly off that's why. Also, sorry the edges on the right get cut off; I didn't want to resize any smaller than I already did. Just imagine an inch wide margin on the right edge similar to what is on the left.

Letterhead Letterhead01

Letterhead Letterhead02

Letterhead Letterhead03
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:20 am

Wow, thanks, grrliz! I go for the first one as this version looks common for me the most. Can't say how it is in other countries, but here it's common to put these informations on the left side of a letter. Internet address of the blog and mail address seem to be enough - at least for me.
Back to top Go down
jowlia

jowlia

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:17 pm

getting here late but w/e

i like the 3rd option better with the text aligned along the RCH logo, but!

does it have to be Verdana? Neutral

i also like that red line on top.

quick question, who'll be signing those letters? are we creating a fancy title like "director of outside communications"?
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I prefer the third one, with the graphic and information on the left.
I agree that the website and e-mail would be enough though.
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:44 pm

jowlia wrote:
getting here late but w/e

Better late than never, as we say in my country (and in other countries too, I guess) Smile

jowlia wrote:
quick question, who'll be signing those letters? are we creating a fancy title like "director of outside communications"?

Good question. Do not know too. Will check the LJ comm *runs over to LJ and comes hopefully back soon with an answer*
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:16 pm

jowlia wrote:

So, I asked in the comm and you can find the answer to your question here Even when you do not have a LJ account, you can read it as it is a public entry Smile
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Lulu wrote:
I prefer the third one, with the graphic and information on the left.
I agree that the website and e-mail would be enough though.

Especially as the other social network links can be found on the website too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letterhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterhead   Letterhead Empty

Back to top Go down

Letterhead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA :: RCH RELATED STUFF :: Graphics-
Jump to: