RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA

Keep hate out of the world's beautiful game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Creating committees/what's next round-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nzcz

nzcz

Creating committees/what's next round-up Empty
PostSubject: Creating committees/what's next round-up   Creating committees/what's next round-up EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:26 am

First off, I updated the "Ideas" google document. The descriptions are a bit vague, but I figure if an idea interests you, you can just follow the link. The document is here.

So, looking at the what's next post there are a couple of things we can get started on now.

1. Flyering. If we created a simple flyer, low on graphics and words, but still got the message across with a link to our site, it'd be easy to print off and either hand out at matches and events or tape up around town.

2. Mailing list/weekly (bi-weekly? up to discussion..) newsletter. It'd be great for people who are interested in the campaign, but either don't have livejournal, or do not want to directly work on the campaign, to be able to stay updated. We could have a section on our website/tumblr/etc where people could give their emails or say they want the newsletter. The newsletter could contain a sum up of all the blog posts, events, news, what's happening, etc.

3. Create a friends/allies list. Similarly to how we have our own blog roll on the website, we could also list similar campaigns. Of course we'd have to contact them first, and see if maybe they'd be able to list us as well. Kind of like LJ affiliates but for blogs.

4. A fact sheet. This would be a good thing to send interested parties, or parties we are trying to get interested. Statistics on homophobia in football, as well as a short sum up of information about our organisation and other organisations against hate.

5. Create a proposal for when we contact larger organisation and they say they are interested. This could include more information about us, then just the three bullet points we gave in the initial email, as well as exactly what we want to do in conjunction with the organisation/club.

6. Create a financial plan. This will help with merchandise and it can help us organize where money will go, how much everything will cost, etc.

These are 6 important things, and 6 thing we can very realistically get done now. I think that it would be a good idea to create "committees" of members interested on each things. So maybe if we could get 2-4 people working on each thing, that'd be great. So chose one, commit to one. I'll leave this up for a few days, and then I'll organize who committed to which, make a new post with who is in each committee, and we can get started!

Thanks for all the suggestions, they were all wonderful and hopefully we can get them all done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/natalinko_
Kem_viva

Kem_viva

PostSubject: Re: Creating committees/what's next round-up   Creating committees/what's next round-up EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 am

I can work on the friends/allies list.

I might be able to work on the newsletter later on but right now I have to much work with school.
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

PostSubject: Re: Creating committees/what's next round-up   Creating committees/what's next round-up EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 pm

I can work on the proposals in committee 5.
But if anything else is needed (except the friends/allies list), feel free to PM me or send an e-mail!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating committees/what's next round-up   Creating committees/what's next round-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating committees/what's next round-up
Page 1 of 1