RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RED CARD HOMOPHOBIA

Keep hate out of the world's beautiful game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Internet ideas

Go down 
+3
nzcz
jowlia
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Ideas of for fundraising on the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://redcardhomophobia.forumpro.org
jowlia

jowlia

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:43 pm

a paypal account for starters, with one of those "donate" buttons on the blog or other sites for example. Could use it for donations and also to re-sell the merchandise we get, since everyone on the internet has/should have a paypal Smile

other than that, we could have short fundraising campaigns, like we sell a limited amount of merchandise for a limited amount of time, and we set up different kinds of merchandises every now and then.

we could also try to set something up with people who have their own e-shops, like anyone selling their own products, their own bracelets or artworks or w/e, they could revert like "5-10% for charity" , that not only makes the sellers more friendly to the buyers, but we could have a weekly/monthly newsletter recommending these stores.

That last idea also works with offline stores, of course
Back to top Go down
nzcz

nzcz

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 pm

jowlia wrote:
a paypal account for starters, with one of those "donate" buttons on the blog or other sites for example. Could use it for donations and also to re-sell the merchandise we get, since everyone on the internet has/should have a paypal Smile

already done. the link should be up in the last two round-up posts on LJ. and here under merchandise somewhere. and our blog.

but i like the store thing you mentioned!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/natalinko_
Loezzy

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:50 am

We could also have an online charity auction. I found a couple of sites for that, but maybe there's another way because most of them seem to be pricey and ask a lot of money in return.

http://www.biddingforgood.com
http://www.gobid.ca/
http://www.charityonlineauctions.com/

I got this idea because I still have a book token and maybe that could help make some money for RCH. Sadly most of the books I can buy with it are written in Dutch.
But anyway, I'm sure I can find more cool stuff to auction off.
Back to top Go down
tonstant_weader
Admin
tonstant_weader

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Online auction ideas for actual items (vs. virtual items that may be laden with copywriting issues) could be a neat idea. What would be good items for this idea?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/NotoriousCLH
Loezzy

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 pm

I guess it could be anything. Maybe people have things laying around they don't use anymore. (Things you'd otherwise take to a flea market.) Can be football related but doesn't have to be. Jewelry you don't wear anymore. You name it!

Or... Things like local candy. Things you made yourself. (Not fanart related though.)

Right now I'm out of ideas, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Good idea. And how will it take place? Let me say, I have a book to offer for the auction and someone is awarded the bid. When the person is from Russia for example, do I send the book first to the one who started the auction? Or do I send it directly to Russia?

What about using ebay for direct selling/auctioning off? For example I offer a book on German ebay, but instead of my own bank account for the incomming money, each offerer of us uses the account of RCH for the money. I have already an ebay account connected with my bank account. But I guess, it's possible to get a second account for my RCH related stuff with the paypal informations of RCH.
Back to top Go down
Loezzy

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:32 pm

I guess sending it directly would be a lot more handy.

And yeah eBay might work! I don't have any experience with these sort of things though, so I'm not sure. But it sure beats all those expensive websites...
Back to top Go down
teetrinker
Admin
teetrinker

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Loezzy wrote:
And yeah eBay might work! I don't have any experience with these sort of things though, so I'm not sure. But it sure beats all those expensive websites...

I'm more a buyer than a seller. Quite frankly, I never sold anything there, but I'm sure it's not that hard to find out how to manage sellings for RCH. Any ebay sellers here, who know it better than me? And it costs indead no money - at least for privaze use. Ebay account is for free and when you sell products to people from your own country, it's less complicated.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Donald_Trefusis

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:33 pm

I once saw that on Ebay there was a charity sign that was displayed immediately in the offer and which symbolized that a part or all of the proceeds went to charity benefits. But I believe that this came directly from Ebay that you could decide over a fixed time whether you want to send a portion of the proceeds to this charity. Someone could also write to Ebay and ask if they would have a problem when we would mention RCH in the description. Potential buyers should see it directly and we could also create a mask to use easily if someone makes an offer on Ebay - with the official logo of RCH. As a bonus it wouldn't be only the money for RCH but also some extra promotion for our cause.
Back to top Go down
http://eireplusalba.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Internet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet ideas   Internet ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet ideas
Page 1 of 1